Next to be reviewed:

Sing It Saturday! (1)

Happy Saturday everybody! I come bearing a new feature for this blog called Sing It Saturday. Every week I'll be featuring an author selected book playlist and giving my thoughts on why I love it. I'll get around to making a sweet little graphic someday, but for now I'll just post the first playlist!
This week's playlist is for City of Bones by Cassandra Clare:

Standing--Vnv Nation
Demons--Guster
Hello, My Treacherous Friends--Ok Go
Hold On, Hold On--Neko Case
Chocolate--Snow Patrol
Ballad of Maxwell Demon--Shudder to Think
I Know I Know I Know--Tegan and Sara
Pretty When You Cry--VAST
Caught By the River--Doves
The Crane Wife 3--The Decemberists
Morningstar--AFI
Bones--Embrace
My Heart--The Perishers
I Will Follow You Into the Dark--Death Cab for Cutie

This playlist is absolutely PERFECT.* These songs match the mood and situations so well, and really take me back into the scenes when I hear them. I especially love the last song, "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie. That song is the end of the book in music form.

If you haven't listened to this yet, you're seriously missing out, my friends. You can see all of The Mortal Instruments mixes here and here. Enjoy!

*Seriously, my ears smile when they come in contact with the awesome that is the CoB playlist. *bows down to Cassandra Clare*

"CoB Playlist"-Various Artists,
Photobucket