Next to be reviewed:

Hi5 (1): Five Titles That You're Crushing On!

Hello all, and welcome to the very first Hi5! Hi5 is a weekly meme hosted by myself, Nomes @ Inkcrush, & Anne @ Potter, Percy, and I in which we all share our top fives. Each Friday you can get the next day's topic at one of our blogs and link to your post in the Mr. Linky. Have fun!


This week's topic:
Top Five Titles You're Crushing On

Titles are the most 'eye catching' thing about a book in my opinion. A lot of book recommendations come from word of mouth, where covers don't matter. That being said some titles draw me in, while some fall flat. This week I'll be sticking with the positive and sharing the top five titles that make me swoon.

5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins--Ah, this title. *hugs* Everything about it draws me in. Hunger. Such a provocative word. Games. Why would games be focused around hunger? (Assuming that it's not some lame diet show, which would be a horrible idea for a YA novel anyway.) Mmmm. It leaves such a nice image in my head. Love.

4. Dead is Just a Rumor by Marlene Perez-- This is sarcastic. I like sarcasm. So, this is kind of perfect. I really love the way I'm already imagining the voice of this story. Genius.

3. The Miracle Stealer by Neil Connely-- This is just so interesting to me. The Miracle STEALER. How does one, exactly, steal a miracle? It definitely draws me in, makes me want to know more about the book and the characters. Once again, interesting.

2. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson--Love this book, love this cover, love this title. Love everything. The title reflects the story so well. The airy, light feel of Jandy Nelson's writing and the sentimentality that comes with the subject matter. Perfect for this book.

1. Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride--I can't describe how much I adore this title. It brings up so many questions before I even turn the first page. Who's this necromancer? Why does someone want them so much? I know I would want a necromancer to hold me closer [wink, wink], but why does this particular person feel this way. So many questions brought up. Fantastic!

Honorable Mentions:
Unraveled by Gena Showalter
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
You Are Not Here by Samantha Schultz

Add your post:




"Polygraph, Right Now!"-The Spill Canvas,

Photobucket