Next to be reviewed:

My favorite YA book boys

A few bloggers have been posting about their favorite fictional reallywishhewasreal wannabe boyfriends. *jumps on bandwagon* Here we go--counting down to my favorite fictional boy [I also linked to pictures of people I'd want to play them if a movie were to be made]:


10. Nico di Angelo {Percy Jackson series; Books 3-5 by Rick Riordan}-- I know he's still a yougin' in the last book, but I love him so! (Plus, I'm pretty sure he's the same age as me now. (; ) He's tough as nails, has the dark and depressed emo vibe going on, and he can raise the friggin' dead. Swoon. My Nico: Yeah...I've got nothing.


9. Quentin Jacobsen {Paper Towns by John Green}--Quentin is a very, very sexy nerd. He loves from afar at first, but by the end of the novel he's one BAMF. Quentin is the kind of guy that constantly surprises you and that makes him even hotter! My Quentin: Once again...nothing. I'm 0 for 2 right now.


8. Fang {Maximum Ride by James Patterson}--Tall, dark, and handsome. Fang is the epitome of the phrase. He's mysterious, intense, and one of the most loyal characters I've ever read about. He'll fight using whatever he can if his family is threatened and won't take no for an answer. He's stubborn, but it works because Max gives it right back. Everyone knows butting heads = passion. (; My Fang: No one in particular, but I adore how burdge-bug draws him. (:


7. Sam Roth {Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater}--Soulful. That's the only way I can describe Sam Roth. His emotions lead him through life and make him one of the most passionate boys you'll every hear about. Oh, and he writes lyrics that will blow your friggin' mind. Guh. [Sidenote: Did anyone picture Sam as looking Filipino-ish while reading? I feel like I'm the only one.] My Sam: Luke Pasqualino


6. Joe Fontaine {The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson}--Joe Fontaine, what can I say about Joe Fontaine. The boy is tall, dark, and drop dead gorgeous, but radiates light like the Sun. He plays guitar, puts up with the craziest of families if he loves you, and speaks French fluently. Guh squared. Joe Fontaine also has two older brothers. (; My Joe: Adam Gregory


5. Cassel Sharpe (White Cat by Holly Black}--This dude has gone through so very much in his life. Now he's an introverted depressed hottie who can scam just about anyone. He's also one incredibly powerful teenager. Cassel loves completely and everything that goes through his head is swoon worthy. My Cassel: Doesn't exist.


4. Jay Heaton {The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting}--Jay is the kind of guy who's nice to your parents, then brings sexy back as soon as they leave the room. He's a genuinely nice guy with good intentions who doesn't treat his love interest like a child. He's protective, but not smothering and that, my friends, is what makes him worth that number four spot. My Jay: ...doesn't exist either. Unless in my head counts.


3. Nick Ryves {The Demon's Lexicon trilogy by Sarah Rees Brennan}--Good lord. A sexy 'I don't want to give anything away' who's trying to just feel  human and normal? *falls off chair* Nick is assertive, rude when he doesn't like someone, and hilarious when he chooses. Nick is the guy that you're dying to know more about even after seemingly everything about him comes out. He says things that make every female in a square mile radius blush and fall over. Guh, no more needed to be said. Just read the books! My Nick: Once again, nothing. Although, the guy on this cover kind of looks like the Nick I've dreamed up.


2. Alec Lightwood {The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare}--Yes, I know he's gay. I would dress like a man if need be. Alec is just friggin' amazing. By far my favorite character in the entire series. He's gorgeous--tall with blue eyes & black hair--shy in some instances and confident as all get out at other times. He's energetic around those he loves and passionate about protecting them. Why can't they all be real?! My Alec: Skandar Keynes Yes, he's I know he's from Narnia. No, I don't care. He looks nothing at all like the Alec in my head, but I wouldn't want anyone else to play him, that I know of at least.


1. Gale Hawthorne {The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins}--Team Gale, for the win! Oh geez, I love him so much. Gale is the best friend. Not the 'Oh, him? He's just a friend' kind of best friend. The 'Omygoodness, I'm in love with you and your sexiness.' kind of best friend. He's been there for Katniss longer than anyone else and he's a hunter--stealthy and built and fierce--not a dough boy. He's strong both mentally and physically and knows that Katniss can kick his ass whenever she felt the inclination. He doesn't resent the fact that she's a better archer just as she doesn't resent the fact that he's better at making traps. Gale is dedicated and loyal and will follow his loved ones to the ends of the earth [SPOILER] and he won't be an idiot and decide to commit suicide with the one he's in love obsessed with by poisonous berry. Stupid Peeta. [END SPOILER] My Gale: Jeremy Kapone We'll have to roll him around in the dirt, toss him into some trees, and ditch that haircut, but after that I can totally see it. (:


That's the end of my very long and detailed list of favorite fictional boys. Have you posted about this? Leave a link, I'd love to read it!






"Catch & Release"-Silversun Pickups,*

*This song is off the album 'Swoon'. Appropriate, no?
Photobucket