Next to be reviewed:

Part Three of the Infinite Day: Interview with Rebecca Maizel!

I had the amazing opportunity to interview the author of Infinite Days, Rebecca Maizel. She's such a nice person and she wrote an awesome book! I couldn't really think of questions-I never can when I need to-so kindly pardon the clichéness of it all.


1. Can you describe your book in one sentence?
500 year old vampire gets a second chance at life and love. 

2. Vampires are the 'hot' thing right now, what makes the vampires in Infinite Days, and more specifically Lenah, different?

Well, Lenah isn’t a vampire for the majority of the book. She wants to be human - that’s her innermost desire. In my vampire lore, the older a vampire is, the more crazy they become - they literally lose their minds. Everything is a curse and painful. Lenah is a victim of her own existence. Every person out there has done something they aren’t proud of. And whatever that thing is, they have to live with it - forever. That’s Lenah but times about a million! She’s a human girl dealing with the mind of someone very old and with a very evil past.  

3. If Infinite Days was optioned for a movie, who would you want to play the main characters? 
OMG. I love this question. But I don’t want to say because I want you to be able to read the book and decide for yourself what these characters look like. If you find me on twitter (RebeccaJoym) and ask I’ll tell you through a Direct Message or if you e-mail me at RebeccaMaizelAuthor@gmail.com 
I will tell you that for a very, very long time the character Tracy looked a lot like Ashley Tisdale. :)

4. Can you tell us a little about the writing process for Infinite Days? 
I started to free write one day. I literally sat down, started writing and Lenah’s voice came through, I let her tell the story and 8 months later, I had a draft of Infinite Days. My writing process is a bit snarky and I drive myself nuts. There’s a lot of whining. I tend to fill up notebooks with handwritten musings, and then I try to piece them together in a word document. I always try to sludge through one full draft on the computer. Then, I print out the word document and write allllll over it, edit the living hell out of it. Then I go back to the word document, implement my edits and start again…and again…and again… 


I also improv my characters. Seriously! I try to do this when no one is home but I improvise scenes as a character. That way, I am acting the scene through that character’s eyes and my behavior, my reaction, my word choice is inevitably indicative of that character. Anyone with an acting background might want to try this out.  


5. Have any specific authors or books influenced your style?
Amy Hempel’s Collection of Short Fiction. She is hands down the most brilliant writer in history. Please run SERIOUSLY RUN and find “The Most Girl Part of You” or “In the Cemetery Where Al Jolson is Buried.” She’s a master.  


Alice Hoffman’s Turtle Moon was a big influence on me. Her writing in general is incredible.  


Thanks so much for answering my questions; any last words? 
I hope you all enjoy Infinite Days as much as I’ve enjoyed writing it – please feel free to e-mail me anytime!

--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Rebecca! I loved reading your answers, then reading the book, then seeing the answers in a whole new way. Very interesting!







"Georgia"-Alex Day,

Photobucket