Next to be reviewed:

What I want in my mailbox...{14}

What I want in my mailbox is my version of Waiting on Wednesday hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.
This week I want Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs  & Fracture by Megan Miranda in my mailbox!
* * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * *
Summary:
A mysterious island.

An abandoned orphanage.

A strange collection of very curious photographs.


It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive.

* * * * * * * * * * *
Ahhh. Every time I've gone into Barnes & Noble since its release, Miss Peregrine's has mocked me with its beautiful cover and amazing synopsis. I really need to get my hands on this one and experience the awesome for myself.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children was released June 7, 2011.


* * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * *
Summary:
A lot can happen in eleven minutes. Decker can run two miles easily in eleven minutes. I once wrote an English essay in ten. No lie. And God knows Carson Levine can talk a girl out of her clothes in half that time.

Eleven minutes might as well be eternity under water. It only takes three minutes without air for loss of consciousness. Permanent brain damage begins at four minutes. And then when the oxygen runs out, full cardiac arrest occurs. Death is possible at five minutes. Probable at seven. Definitey at ten.

Decker pulled me out at eleven.

* * * * * * * * * * *
I'm pretty sure Fracture has one of the best blurbs I've ever read. So so so good. I seriously want to meet the person who doesn't want to read this book after a blurb like that.

Fracture will be released January 3, 2012. AKA, too freaking far from now.

What are you waiting for?


P.S.
 I don't know why Blogger is PMSing right now, but I apologize for its bad manners and ugly formatting.
"Back Against The Wall"-Cage the Elephant,