Next to be reviewed:

Summer Solstice Celebration!

I strongly believe that reading Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli is a rite of passage into high school. I honestly don't know anyone who's read Stargirl from start to finish and found themselves disliking the book.* So yeah, if you haven't read Stargirl...please do.

Anyway, one of the awesome things Stargirl Caraway does is throw solstice parties for both the summer and winter solstices. The summer solstice, which marks the beginning of the season, occurred on Tuesday the 21st. To celebrate summer's start and the wonder that is Stargirl I'm having a contest. Huzzah!



I will be giving away a brand spanking new copy of a July 2011 release to one winner. Any book released next month is fair game!


Some Rules:
  • US only. I'm sorry internationals! I do love your accents and awesome food yet I do not love your extreme shipping costs. If you live outside the continental US but have someone who I can send it to in the country you're eligible.
  • Ends July 5th!
  • Extra entries must be put in at the same time.
  • One entry per person or you'll be disqualified.
  • Please read the rules on the form that can be found HERE.
  • Good luck!

Have you read Stargirl? Favorite character? Favorite Stargirl quirk?


*There are some scathing reviews on Goodreads that boggled my mind a bit. My reaction:"HOW CAN YOU DISS STARGIRL?" That book is like a small child, you cannot chide it without feeling guilt.


"Indigo Girl"-This Century,
Photobucket