Next to be reviewed:

What I want in my mailbox... (8)

What I want in my mailbox is my version of Waiting on Wednesday hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.


This week I want John Belushi is Dead by Kathy Charles in my mailbox.




Synopsis:

Set in a glamorous and seedy Los Angeles, Hollywood Ending is a story that will make your heart skip a beat. 

Pink-haired Hilda and endearing punk Benji, both seventeen, have an obsessive hobby—they haunt the places where Hollywood celebrities have died. 

In rundown Echo Park, once the hub of the movie business, they find the squalid apartment where a second-rate silent movie star stabbed himself to death with nail scissors. Its current tenant is Hank, an old man with a mysterious past. 

While Benji dives deeper into the cult of celebrity death, Hank and Hilda make an unlikely pair. Then Jake the screenwriter turns up. What’s his story? 

Kathy Charles has talent to burn and takes the reader into the heart of the movie world, and the shadows of our own personal histories. Hollywood Ending is a thriller, a comedy about the weirdness of growing up, and a wry love-letter to Los Angeles.


*Apparently when this book was first published last year it was titled Hollywood Ending. I personally dislike that title with a passion, so I'm ecstatic that it was changed. The new one just has that 'this book is epic' ring to it.

Besides having an awesome title, crazy cool cover*, and intriguing synopsis, this book has some of the fabbest reviews I've ever seen. I mean I  literally have never seen such outrageously good ratings on Goodreads. Not that I base what I read off Goodreads ratings, but the reviews behind the ratings were full of praise. Definitely excited to get my hands on this one.

This edition will be released on August 24th by Simon & Schuster.



*Yay for alliteration!




"Room 410"-Call the Cops,

Photobucket