Next to be reviewed:

Hi5 (3): Favorite First Chapters! + very late IMM...

 Hi5 is a weekly meme hosted by myself, Nomes @ Inkcrush, & Anne @ Potter, Percy, and I in which we all share our top fives. Each Friday you can get the next day's topic at one of our blogs and link to your post in the Mr. Linky. Have fun!

This week's topic is:
First chapters that hooked you!

This is an interesting (and very hard) topic for me. I'm one of those people that needs to be pulled into a book within 50 pages or I won't finish nine times out of ten. I'm just not that patient, and knowing that the next book I read will most likely be better makes it easy for me to put a book down within a few chapters. I really didn't know if I could come up with five titles, but I managed! :

5. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare- I love this series so hard. Within a few pages Clare transports readers into the Shadow World, where anything seems possible and everyone seems terrifying. It's brilliant.

4. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson- This is my go-to book for everything. Oh, my favorite title? The Sky is Everywhere. Favorite cover? The Sky is Everywhere. Favorite-? The Sky is Everywhere. Jandy Nelson's writing style is so smooth, you easily slip right into the story. I felt like I'd always been in Lenny's world and just didn't realize it. Fantastic.

3. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White- Evie's personality comes through immediately. I mean, the first chapter title is 'Oh, bleep!' The characterization is seamless and I NEED THE SEQUEL.

2. Paper Towns by John Green- I don't think I'm skilled enough to adequately describe how amazing the prologue and first chapter of this book are. But, alas, I will try. The prologue is deep and horrible and makes you think...and then the first chapter is awkward and normal and pretty darn funny. Just that transition, and the fact that it works, is amazing to me.

1. Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride- I may be a bit biased since I just finished reading this.  (In one sitting, FYI.) I don't care that much because it deserves to be on this list, whatever number it is really doesn't matter. Anyway, this entire novel is hilarious and the first pages sucked me right in. Seriously, everyone should read this book.

Now that that's done, I'm posting my IMM vlog for the last two weeks because I can't wait another week or it'll be ten minutes long. Anyway, here you go:









"Wake Up"-Arcade Fire,

Photobucket