Next to be reviewed:

Review: Maximum Ride by James Patterson!

So, I've decided to mash the first four Maximum Ride books into one post, because I've that's how far I've gotten in the series. It also helps that each sequel picks up right where the previous book left off. For those who haven't read the series, the first four books are: The Angel Experiment, School's Out- Forever, Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, and The Final Warning. I'll review the latest two novels, Max and Fang, probably within the next week, so think of this as a two-parter. (c:


Overall Rating: 4.5
Characters: 4.8
Plot: 3.9
Cover Art: 1 (I really hate every cover...in every edition.)
Favorite Line: 
This was so hard to choose, because I honestly bookmarked about every other page. The dialogue is too fantastic. For right now though, I'll just pick a few of my favorite parts to share. 
"'You are a scary, scary child, you know that?' I asked her. She smiled."- Max to Angel
"Get off her!"-Ah, Fang being all protective... I love it.
"'You...are...a...fridge...with...wings,' Fang ground out, punching an Eraser hard with every word. 'We're...freaking...ballet...dancers.'"-Fang, once again being his BA self.
Master Summary: 
The flock-Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, the Gasman, and Angel- are human-avian hybrids created by scientists at a facility called the School. Basically, they have wings-like 13-ft-wide wings. So life's all good flying high in the sky right? Well, if you can overlook the fact  that human-wolf hybrids called Erasers along with many other groups and organizations are trying to slaughter the flock at every turn, then yeah life's great.

I'm obsessed with this series...
Yes, I'll admit it, I want to join the flock... if only to stare creepily at Fang all day. James Patterson manages to weave an interesting and gruesome world filled with trials and tribulations, without the story feeling too dark. It's quite the opposite actually. The characters are well defined, and hilarious. They stay together, for the most part, and lean on each other for support. The flock really does make these novels, and I absolutely adore reading about them!

The plot(s) of the Maximum Ride series start off interesting, and fast-paced. This continues through the first three books, but starts to feel redundant in the fourth. I've been told that the fourth book is the... uhm lacking of the series thus far, so I'm hoping this picks up again in the next installment.

So, what I'm saying is that if you haven't read this series, do it. They're all great reads with even better characters. I hope you all enjoy this series as much as I did!

EDIT: Today I realized how insane it is that an uhm... older gentleman can write so well as a fourteen year old girl! Just another reason to read this book, it crosses genders and generations!

Have a marvelous night!
Cara

P.S. The fantastic drawing of the flock is by none other than the amazing burdge-bug! Click the linkymabob to see her 'Other Fanart' gallery, which includes some more Max Ride fanart that will knock your socks off!