Next to be reviewed:

Meeting Cassandra Clare and Holly Black!

*yawns, while stretching* Hello, world! I seem to be going MIA quite a lot lately, which is no good at all. Well, I've decided to just stop it and make sure this here blog is taken care of! So, without further adieu, I present to you my most recent signing adventure.

I hate traffic. These were the first thoughts that swirled through my head when my friend Julie and I ran frantically into the Free Library of Philadelphia last Saturday. I'm sorry to say, we missed the entire Q&A session. We literally had to run in the 'out' door because they'd already locked up. All of this because some ...lady didn't know how to pull her car off to the shoulder instead of blocking traffic. I can't even begin to describe the level of road rage I already have, and I've only gotten my permit!

Alright, back to the topic at hand. The signing, right. It was fantastic! I urge all of you lovely people to leap at the chance to meet either Cassandra Clare or Holly Black, because they are great people, not to mention amazing authors. We luckily were allowed to actually interact with them and ask questions while our books were signed, as opposed to being pushed along like we were on some kind of conveyor belt. I had the chance to profess my love for Alec from TMI, AND tell Holly how much her book broke my heart (more on that in the review). They also told stories about their cats, Lioness and Fuzziwig (God knows I can't spell that) respectively, and how Chairman Meow and Church are based off of them. It was like they were... normal people!

All in all, it was a great experience, and I wish I remembered more details of the conversation so I could share. Yeah well, you win some, you lose some. The big win of the night occurred right before we left. I was still talking to Holly, when she reached down into her bag, pulled out the first chapter of Red Glove, the second book in the Curse Workers series, in cute book form, and gave it to me. I freaked internally, read it in minutes, and let me tell you folks, the drama is far from over.

I will spare you, and stop ranting endlessly. I'm in a rather sleepy state, but alas, it is what it is. I will not be posting the picture of me with the authors, because it is rather horrible, and I like my readers' retinas intact.

*Side note, the picture in this post is of Clary and Jace from the Mortal Instruments series, drawn by burdge-bug on deviantArt!

Hope your day is filled with awesome,
Cara!