Next to be reviewed:

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Overall Rating: 4
Characters: 4
Plot: 3.9
Cover Art: 5
YA Fiction


Synopsis:
Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment. But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel. For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those who have fallen -- and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.
Hush, Hush is a dark fantasy that keeps you wondering who the good guys really are... No story has ever made me question everything and suspect every character. I'm usually a very good guesser and have no problem seeing the general way a story will unfold, so when a book genuinely surprises me, I'm impressed. More than once while reading this book my mom looked at me like I was crazy as I stared, mouth hanging open in shock saying, "No... no,no,no,no,no!" Once you get over the initial shockers, you see just how great the characters are. I adore Nora, because she doesn't throw herself at Patch at first sight. Too many female protagonists seem to be seem to be completely incompetent when around the love interest. The fact that Nora has a connection to Patch but still retains some self-control is welcome. Hush, Hush's plot has twists and turns throughout, which is great, but also a bit confusing at points. The idea of fallen angels in YA is newish to me, so I enjoyed hearing Patch's story and his feelings of being on Earth. One thing I can't wait to see in the sequel, Crescendo, is to learn Patch's real name! It's very awkward when my friends and I are trying to discuss the book and people in hearing range ask if it's a story about a dog. Anyway, the plot is pretty solid, but that's not what attracted me to this book. The cover of a book is what draws potential readers to your book, I don't care what anyone has to say about it. This cover happens to be the perfect combination of descriptiveness and dark, sexy, beautiful imagery. I honestly think that if it was possible to take a snapshot of the essence of a story, this cover would be Hush, Hush. So, in closing, I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it! Also, I'm wondering if I'm the only one who can't stand Vee?