Next to be reviewed:

my not so usual review of Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Summary: Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy. 

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.


♥ Favorite Line(s):
"'Hate isn't the most dangerous thing,' he said. 'Indifference is.'"


"I said, I prefer the ocean when it's gray. Or not really gray. A pale, in-between color. It reminds me of waiting for something good to happen."


"You know you can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes, right?"


My thoughts:
Here's the deal>
This book made me laugh, gasp and, more often than I'd like to admit, cry like a baby. It made me emotional and because of that I think the part of my mind that looks at technical aspects had left the building while reading. So, instead of a review I'll be posting a playlist.


I don't know how many, if any, of you lovelies have checked out any of the songs I end my posts with. Usually they're just songs I've been listening to while writing said review/rant/thing, but sometimes I'll choose a song that reminds me of a book.


This playlist is all songs I think relate to Delirium, in order of the book's events. I'm focusing more on lyrics and feel than genre/pace/popularity.


Without further adieu, my Delirium playlist>


one. "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire> This reminds me of both Lena & Alex at the very beginning of the story. In my head I can totally picture them both in a movie sequence waking up to this song.
two"Magic" by The Secret Handshake> Pretty self explanatory. ;) Right after Alex & Lena's first conversation I can see him thinking something like this later, daydreaming about the odd girl he met. The one who's going to be engaged to someone else...
three"Don't Stop Now" by The Maine> I like to think of this as The Kissy Scene Song.
four. "Who To Believe" by Austin Gibbs & Fairline> This and the next song remind me so much of Alex & Lena on the beach and the under-the-stars scene {if you've read the book you totally know what I'm talking about. ;) }
five"I'm Not The Sun" by Arkells> Alex Alex Alex. Lena Lena Lena. I can completely see them both thinking this about each other.
six"Who I Am Hates Who I've Been" by Relient K> Lena's whole existential crisis meltdown period.
seven"Safe Ride" by Cute Is What We Aim For> When things start to crack. Declarations ensue. 
eight. "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper {covered by Javier Colon}> It's just so Alex & Lena.
nine"These Four Walls" by Miley Cyrus> When Lena's 'stuck' in her room.
ten"Three Cheers For Five Years" by Mayday Parade> "I run for I don't know how long. Hours, maybe, or days. Alex told me to run. So I run."
eleven. "You Know You're Right" by Nirvana> I think of this as Alex's song during the above line. These are his thoughts and "Three Cheers for Five Years" are Lena's.
twelve"Shot In The Dark" by Augustana> Lena's very last thoughts at the very end of the book. From the Pandemonium synopsis it seems this will be her mentality in the beginning of the next book as well.


    Summing it up:
    Love love love this book!
    "Shot In The Dark"-Augustana,