Next to be reviewed:

The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg

Overall Rating: 4.8
Characters: 4.6
Plot: 4.8
Cover Art: 5

Favorite Line:
"I'm not stupid, so I'm willing to settle."-This is Ryan speaking to Penny. Also the point at which I wanted to shake Penny and yell, "Are you stupid?! Wake up!" But, I love conflict so this is great for me. :)

Synopsis:
Penny is sick of boys and sick of dating. So she vows: no more. It's a personal choice. . .and, of course, soon everyone wants to know about it. And a few other girls are inspired. A movement is born: The Lonely Hearts Club (named after the band from Sgt. Pepper). Penny is suddenly known for her nondating ways . . . which is too bad, because there's this certain boy she can't help but like. . . .


The Lonely Hearts Club makes me want to start my own Lonely Hearts Club...
I'm going to say right off the bat that this book isn't as predictable as the synopsis makes it seem. This is one of those stories that are truly fun to read. It may not make you reevaluate your life, but you will laugh and smile a lot while reading. 


The characters in this book are completely awesome. Penny and The Lonely Hearts Club are all so different, but come together to help each other out. Tracy, Penny's best friend, is hilarious. She's the one who starts the confrontations with any ex-boyfriends who may need their faces rearranged. Ryan is perfect. I believed that he was too perfect to be believable at first, but he grew on me as the plot progressed. Then, there's Todd. A complete jerk who I'm sure all of you have in your school. We all have a Todd.


To be honest, one of my favorite things about The Lonely Hearts Club is seeing all of the Beatles references. In the beginning, you learn that Penny and her sisters, Lucy and Rita, are named after Beatles songs (Lovely Rita is one of my favorite songs) because their parents are literally obsessed. So, the references were bound to follow, and I loved them. From beginning to end Elizabeth Eulberg weaves a world that I'd like to jump into. I LOVE this book and would recommend to anyone!




*Off-topic: A few months ago I entered a poetry contest. Basically, you send your poem in, and they take the ones they like in your state and publish them in a book. My poem was accepted, and my copy of the book came in the mail yesterday! I'm obviously very excited, and now I can pretend I'm cool and say that I'm a published poet. ;)
Have a great Thursday everyone!