Next to be reviewed:

The Body Finder

I've literally just finished reading The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting, and needed to tell how much it affected me. Books often make me laugh, and even more often than that make me cry. This book picked my poor little sappy heart up and ripped it to shreds while laughing maniacally. I've decided to not write a formal review for this book, because it left me truly shaken. I do put my heart into the reviews I write, but I felt that I wouldn't do it justice without leaving my soul on your computer screen.

So, I guess I'll start off by saying that this story isn't one for those who need to feel that 'happy-sunshine-and-rainbow' feeling after finishing any piece of literature. Seriously my friend, this is NOT FOR YOU. Now, I'm also not saying that this is the kind of story that makes you want to slit your wrists either. Okay, on to the point. I literally had chills after the last line. I don't feel I'm exaggerating at all when I say things like this either. Ms. Derting is a brilliant writer, she makes you not only see the story through her characters' eyes, but feel it as well.

I definitely would recommend this book, because it is the best kind. It made me think. It made me think of different choices that could have changed the outcome, even if I know they're in vain. It made me want to scream and throw things and cry all at the same time. Not an altogether terrible feeling. The Body Finder was nothing at all like I expected, but worth the read. I initially, sincerely wished I could've 'unread' it, but I took a step back and realized just how great this story really is.

Has anyone else read The Body Finder? How did YOU react to the story?

Have a great day!
Cara