Next to be reviewed:

Review: Stolen Nights (Vampire Queen #2) by Rebecca Maizel!




Summary: A new year is beginning at Wickham Boarding School. A new chance at life, at reversing the evil in my past. But nothing is ever as simple it seems... (from Goodreads)
♥ Favorite Line(s):
forgot to write them down, sorry!!


My thoughts:
This. Series.

I can't believe I held off reading the second installment for this long! I absolutely loved Infinite Days and Stolen Nights not only reminded me why I loved the characters and story so much, but made me love them even more.

Stolen Nights is exactly the book I needed to read to jumpstart my return to reviewing. The action and intensity layered throughout was like a jolt of energy to my lethargic summer brain. Every twist and turn of the plot kept me interested and flipping pages and I can safely say my sleeping patterns were greatly hindered by the amount of stolen nights this story took. *ba dum tss*

Besides keeping me firmly on the edge of my seat, figuratively and sometimes even literally, the story hung in a delicate balance between "soft, epic romance" and "Blade." While I was invested in the love triangle (quadrangle??) I also deeply cared about the other badass vampire from hell business that continued on from Infinite Days. Rebecca Maizel's weaving of history and mythology into the series is done so tactfully that I barely registered that I was reading about vampire rules and regulations rather than some bare all confession from Rhode. The world Maizel creates is so real and tangible I just want to grab a beach towel and some vampire hunting gear and make my way over to join Lena, Justin, Rhode, Vicken, and Tony (poor, poor Tony!!).

Aside from all of the technical goodness of Stolen Nights (the pacing is flawless, good lord), it had me emotionally hooked as well. I mean, I was already so here for Lena's HBIC status and the ever glorious Justin Enos, but throw in some existential crises and life-changing choices and I am down. I was so into the storyline that I couldn't see just exactly how invested I was until it ended.

And BOY DID IT END.

The ending of Stolen Nights had the same level of shock value as a red giant imploding in my face would...I mean that's what I imagine anyway. After finishing I kinda just sat staring at the book like this:
 

 


Overall the book was fun, fast-paced, appropriately dramatic, and majorly cool! I've been trying to dig up some info on a third installment with no luck, but here's hoping!


Summing it up:
I really enjoy this series and definitely recommend checking it out!



Link up: Goodreads//Shelfari//Amazon//Barnes and Noble//Rebecca's website
Happy Wednesday!

P.S. Sorry this update came so long after my "return"! I was busy catching up on my to-read pile so I would have lots of great stuff to review all lined up :) Hope the weather is as beautiful where you are as it is here!

"Awkward"-San Cisco,